Guided Tours in Vatican
- 3-hour VIP Early Vatican Small Group Tour70,00€Take our Early Vatican Small Group Tour to see the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Enjoy the art treasures without the big crowds. With our Early Vatican Small Group Tour you will have the unique opportunity of entering the Vatican Museums before the official opening to the general public. You will be part of a […]
- Moonlight Colosseum and Vatican morning tourThe best of Rome in a package 2 in 1 to enjoy the real must-see in a special way! With this incredible Tour package you will visit the ancient Amphitheatrum Flavius, well known also as Colosseum, under the moonlight stars. In addition in the morning you will tour Vatican Museums, in which are preserved historical […]
- Semi-private tour of the Vatican with Early Entrance90,00€Do you want to visit the Vatican ahead of the general public? Would you like to tour with an enthusiastic licensed guide and a semi-private group of up to 14 people? If this is the case, our Vatican with Early Entrance Tour is perfect for you. Vatican with Early Entrance: You will spend 3 hours […]
- Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and Basilica of St. Peter Small Group Tour65,00€Book our Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and Basilica of St. Peter Small Group Tour to discover the Vatican wonders touring in a small intimate group of maximum 22 people. Our Vatican Museums Small Group Tour is the perfect mix of affordable price and good quality. You will have a professional guide at disposal for 3 […]
With our Private Tour of the Vatican with Restricted Areas you won’t only hit St. Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Museums. A special access will be granted to you to areas usually closed to the public: the Niccoline Chapel, Bramante Staircase and Cabinet of the Masks.
If you want to visit the Vatican without missing any of its treasures, our Private Tour of the Vatican with Restricted Areas is the best option: 4 hours and a half with the best guides, to visit the Sistine Chapel, all the Museums including the restricted areas, and St. Peter’s Basilica.
Everybody goes inside the Sistine Chapel, the Basilica and the Vatican Museums… but Journeys to Italy’s customers deserve more than that! Very few people know the Vatican Museums host some restricted areas, usually closed to the general public, containing amazing examples of art and architecture: with our tour you will see Bramante Staircase, Niccoline Chapel and Cabinet of the Masks, a once in a lifetime experience you will never forget!
Itinerary: meet your private guide in front of the entrance of the Vatican Museums and let your adventure begin! You will enter the Museums at 9 am, without having to worry about the line: we grant our customers skip-the-line tickets! The first steps in the tour will be two of the restricted areas of the Vatican, the Cabinet of the Masks and to the Niccoline Chapel, usually closed to the public and a visit to the other areas of the Museums, including the stunning Raphael Rooms.
The so called Cabinet of the Masks was named after the precious mosaics of its floor, which were brought here from Tivoli’s Hadrian’s Villa, 40 minutes from Rome. Your guide will show you and explain the several statues hosted in the Cabinet, most representing female subjects: a reproduction of the Three Graces, a nympha and a series of statues of Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love.
The Niccoline Chapel took its name from Pope Nicholas V, who decided to have it built and use it for its private prayers. Your guide will point out at the beautiful frescoes by Fra Angelico and his assistants, depicting various religious subjects, like two of the earliest Christian martyrs; Episodes from the Life of St. Stephen and scenes from the life of St. Laurence. raise your gaze and admire the stunning vault painted blue, decorated with stars, and figures of the Four Evangelists in the corners.
By 11 am you will access to the stunning Bramante Staircase: the DNA would only be discovered centuries later, but the genius architect from Tuscany designed a double-helix shaped staircase, which received unanimous applause by Bramante’s contemporaries. Apart from being beautiful, the staircase also had some practical purposes: not only was it a privileged way to access street level from the Papal apartments, but it also served as a path to let horses and mules carry big items back and forth from the Papal Palaces.
After seeing the special areas your tour will procede with the normal itinerary, i.e. with Michelangelo’s masterpiece Sistine Chapel. Thanks to a special passageway you will also be able to enter St Peter’s Basilica without having to go out from the Museums and queue up again in the Square: let your guide share with you all the secrets of the most important Church in the world, pointing out the art and architecture that enrich the massive Church.
Choose to see the Vatican at its best with our Extended Tour of the Vatican! Four hours and a half with a private guides, who will share with you her knowledge about the Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museums, St. Peter’s Basilica and the restricted areas: Cabinet of the Masks, Niccoline Chapel and Bramante Staircase. This is the Tour of a lifetime, perfect for those who are in Rome for the first time, as well as for those who’ve been in the Eternal City before!
Itinerary for our Extended Tour of the Vatican:
- Vatican Galleries including Cabinet of the Masks, Niccoline Chapel and Bramante Staircase;
- Tapestry gallery;
- Maps gallery;
- Raphael’s Rooms;
- Sistine Chapel;
- Basilica of St. Peter;
- St. Peter’s Square;
Please note that when the Basilica of St. Peter is closed for religious functions, you will spend longer time in the Vatican galleries with your private guide. The Basilica is a Church and as such the Vatican can decide to use it for religious functions without any notice. We are not responsible for unexpected closure of the Basilica.
- 9:00 AM in front of the Vatican Museums entrance at Viale Vaticano n. 100
- 4 hours and a half
- every day, except for Wednesday mornings, Sundays and Religious Holidays
- medium (4-hour and a half walking tour)
- covered shoulders and pants or skirts must be below the knees
- Fill in form to check for availability and price
Our Vatican Tour with Cabinet of the Masks is the ultimate VIP visit to the Vatican: early entrance, skip the line, private guide and the chance to visit the restricted area of the Cabinet of the Masks. You will enter the Vatican Museums ahead of the opening to general public, to avoid the crowds of […]
Rome and Vatican private tour: choose this tour if you are short of time and you wish to see the real essential in town. You will visit the two must-see sites in Rome: the Colosseum and the Vatican with the impressive Sistine Chapel. Rome and Vatican Private tour has 5 hours lenght. Your expert private […]
Book our private tour of the Vatican with Early Entrance. If you are looking to visit the Vatican ahead of the general public this is the tour for you. Book our Private tour of the Vatican and with the help of your expert private guide you will be able to tour without rush and at […]
Vatican at night private tour is the best option for you to visit Vatican Museums, avoiding crowds and the heat of summer hot days! This tour is available from April to October Vatican at night Private Tour includes a private guide at your disposal for 3 hours and night entrance with skip the line tickets […]
Vatican and Sistine Chapel Private Tour: No waiting in line, priority entrance with private dedicated guide that will show you Vatican wonders. She will maximize your time and personalize the tour for you and your family! Vatican and Sistine Chapel Private Tour is classic, one of our best sellers tour! You will have 3 hours private […]
Express tour of Vatican must sees with Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter Basilica. This tour lasts 2 hours with private dedicated guide and skip the line access. Your licensed private guide will be waiting for you right in front of Vatican Museums entrance, providing you skip the line tickets. Being an express tour, […]
Our Early morning Vatican private Tour with VIP entrance is un unmissable experience. Visiting Vatican with less crowd around will let you enjoy your time in Rome even more! For a once in a lifetime experience, choose to see the spectacular Sistine Chapel and Michelangelo’s work with a limited number of people! We will enhance […]