It is one of the most beautiful 16th century building in the centre of the Square the same nomed, very close to Campo de’Fiori. The previous palace was brought by Alessandro Farnese (who became Pope) who hired Antonio da Sangallo to design the new project. Consisting of three floors the facade shows windows of the piano nobile with alternative triangular and segmental pediments; Michelangelo added a cornice on the top to give a deep shadows to the facade.
Inside, the rooms are decorated with frescoes among the famous “Triumph of Bacchus and Ariadne” by Annibale Carracci. The internal courtyard according with the greek style presents ascending orders Doric, Ionic and Corinthian.
In 1854 the king of Naples Francesco II gave it to the French, after they established them embassy there.

